HOW TO CLAIM THE VAT REFUND AT VENICE MARCO POLO AIRPORT
• The passenger must have an electronic invoice showing the description of the goods, passport and details of the invoice holder.
• VAT refund can be claimed only by the invoice holder.
• Residence or domicile outside the European Union.
• The passenger must show the passport and electronic ticket (also via email) or boarding pass to the staff.
Goods and invoice
• The purchases must be for personal/ household use, not corporate.
• The goods, new and unused, must be available for possible inspection by the Customs (so do not put them in your checked baggage).
• The amount of each invoice must be at least 154.94 euros (including VAT).
• VAT refund for goods purchased in Italy can be requested within 3 months from the invoice date.
• VAT refund can also be claimed for purchases made in other European countries.
Foreign invoices have different limits and conditions depending on the country where the purchase was made.
• VAT refund for all purchases made in Europe must be claimed on the day the passenger leaves the European Union.
WHAT ARE THE TAX REFUND COMPANIES IN VENICE AIRPORT
These are the tax refund companies within Venice Marco Polo airport:
- Global Blue
- Planet Payment
- Tax Refund
- Innova Tax Free
- New Tax Free Vat Refund Service for Tourist S.p.a.
If you shopped in more than one store, each one partnering with a different VAT refund company, you may have to file multiple VAT refund requests.
On your invoice, you'll find the logo of the VAT refund company associated with the store.
To get your VAT refund, you must contact only the partner company of the store.
WHERE ARE THE TAX REFUND COMPANIES
Tax refund desks are on the 1st floor of the Terminal, landside area (before security checks).
Customs desk is also there.
Only Global Blue and Mc Exact Change have a desk in the airside departure hall, after security checks.
HOW TO CLAIM VAT REFUND
Take your invoice, passport, boarding pass, goods to the desk of the VAT refund company associated with your store and fill in the tax refund form.
The tax refund operator will inform you if you have to go to the Customs.
Depending on your purchase, you will immediately receive cash back or refund on your credit card.
If the desk is closed, first go to the Customs counter (located next to the Global Blue desk) and then leave the filled form in the mailbox of the tax refund company.
For Chinese tourists, refund on Alipay is available from all tax refund operators.
Refund on WeChat and UnionPay Wallet is available at Global Blue only.
HOW LONG DOES IT TAKES TO CLAIM VAT REFUND
Tax Refund takes time because you may need to contact multiple companies and desks can get busy, especially during peak times.
Please plan your arrival at the airport accordingly and remember that the customs stamp can be requested starting from 4 hours before your flight.