Venezia Airport has had a health channel active since 2004. The structure of the channel means it is able to manage health emergencies of “at risk” flights. It has all the facilities required for an infectious disease department.
In the last 10 years, we have effectively managed previous epidemics such as SARS, AVIARIA, and EBOLA with operational protocols and established operational protocols determined by the Ministry of Health, Prefecture, ULSS Infectious Disease Departments, 118 and the Airport Health Service.
The Airport Health Service of the airport with 1 doctor and 1 nurse always present, not only provides first aid services but also assists in the monitoring of hyperthermic passengers as well as coordinating and directing all airport operators on health-related issues.
Disinfection and sanitization protocols are shared and mandatory for all airport operators and stakeholders (handlers, sub-concessionaires, security staff etc.).
- All workplaces, further sanitized at each shift change.
- Catering areas.
- Contact surfaces (handrails, handles etc.).
- All areas of the terminal used by passengers.
- All means used for the transportation of passengers.
Safety equipment and devices
We are equipped with special devices to guarantee maximum safety for passengers and operators:
- We have installed thermal cameras in the arrivals and departures areas of the terminal to check body temperature and report anomalies.
- Only passengers and operators with facemask and gloves are allowed to access the terminal.
- We have installed numerous hand sanitiser facilities in all areas of the terminal.
We redesigned all the flows that could have led to gatherings between people.
Terminal entrances and exits are controlled to ensure social distancing.
We optimized the layouts of shared areas to ensure distancing during check-in, security, boarding, and baggage claim on arrival.
Food areas are organized and managed according to the current distancing protocols.
Boarding to the airplane by finger will be preferred, avoiding when possible inter-run buses.
All the safety procedures implemented comply with the recommendations published by EASA, ACI, Dpcm, WHO, Istituto Superiore di Sanità, Italian Ministry of Health.
According to the Italian government regulation, you must have a valid reason to travel.
- You must have 2 self-certifications with you, one for travel to/from the airport, the other for your flight.
Download the self-certification on the Government website http://www.governo.it/it/coronavirus
- At the airport, the Police will check every self-certification.
- For information on your destination Country visit: http://www.viaggiaresicuri.it/
PRACTICAL GUIDE FOR YOUR TRIP
- We recommend online check-in, if your airline provides this option, in order to limit interaction at the check-in desks.
- Prepare at home your documents and self-certifications required for your air journey.
- Get to the airport early to have enough time to carry out the new procedures.
- Get to the airport already equipped with a facemask and gloves that you must always wear; we suggest you bring some additional equipment with you.
- Only passengers with a ticket/ boarding card can enter the terminal on their departing day.
Exceptions are made for a person accompanying either traveling children or accompanying PRM passengers who have booked the journey as a passenger with reduced mobility (PRM).
- Entrance is on the first floor, door no. 8; escalators and external elevators are available.
- Your body temperature will be checked through a thermal camera (thermoscanner); if it exceeds 37.5 °, you won’t be allowed to access the terminal and will go through an additional check by medical staff.
- One more tip: if possible, travel with only hand baggage to avoid check-in baggage.
- Always keep the interpersonal distance inside the terminal (minimum 1 meter from other people), in particular in the queuing at check-in, security, and at the gates following the signage provided.
- Before security checks, be ready to provide you boarding pass and self-certification, which will be checked by the Police.
- At the security check, your body temperature will be checked with a thermal camera.
- Security checks are unchanged: visit our pages for security checks and baggage rules.
- We inform you that, at the moment, Retail and Food offer has been limited.
- For non-Schengen flights, we recommend that you have an electronic passport to use the e-gates and speed-up operations.
Border controls remain unchanged.
- After security checks, wait for your boarding keeping the interpersonal distance (minimum 1 meter from other people).
- Passengers who have been traveling to/ from NON-EU Countries in the last 14 days are required to declare it to the Police.
- Upon your arrival at the airport, your body temperature will be checked with a thermal camera (thermoscanner).
- Before landing, make sure to have facemask and gloves that you must always wear inside the terminal; we recommend that you have spare gloves and facemasks with you.
- Make sure you have your self-certification with you, which will be checked upon your arrival at the terminal.
- Remember to always keep the interpersonal distance inside the terminal (minimum 1 meter from other people)
- Border controls are unchanged; we suggest you have a biometric passport.
- If you need to collect your checked baggage, go to the baggage delivery belt indicated on the monitors and check the signage on the ground to maintain the recommended interpersonal distance.
In case of loss or damage to your luggage, contact immediately the Lost & Found office, located near the baggage belts; do not leave the area before having filed your case.
- Exit using door no. 1 on the ground floor.
TRANSPORT, PARKING, CAR RENTAL, RENTAL WITH DRIVER
- At the moment, public transport to and from the airport is reduced.
- For updated timetable information, check public transport websites ACTV, Alilaguna, ATVO.
Get your ticket at the automatic ticket machines at the airport.
- If you arrive by car, the open car parks are:
- P Short Term, for shortstops and with the first 10 minutes free, suitable for those who accompany or come to pick someone up.
- P1 for longer stops.
For information on parking prices and reservations, visit the website: parcheggi.veneziaairport.it
Remember that the ZTC, Controlled Traffic Zone, is active and that you have 7 minutes to exit the airport zone or access a parking lot. For more info visit the ZTC page.
- Bar and Restaurants
Before the security checks: Emporio del Grano, open until the last flight of the day.
Before the security checks: Relay tobacconist open until the last flight of the day.
- Lost & Found
The office is open during a flight operation; depending on the company you flew with, your case will be handled by handling companies GH Italia or Aviation Service. Check your handler here.
- Information Office
Open every day h24, phone number +39 041 2609260.
- Lost property at the airport
Fill out the form on this page.
Special Assistance for disabled and people with reduced mobility is always guaranteed.
Be sure to book the service through your airline at least 48 hours before your departure.
For more information check this page.